June 1, 2023
Call for Paper for 50th CIMUSET Annual Conference “Enhancing the Accessibility to Museums” Conference
CIMUSET Annual Conference
Dates: 23-27 October 2023 (Hybrid)
Venue: National Aviation Museum of Korea, Seoul
DEADLINE 30 June 2023
MAIN THEME Enhancing the Accessibility to Museums
The 50th CIMUSET annual conference in 2023 will be held at the National Aviation Museum of Korea (NAMOK). ICOM newly announced a museum definition at the 26th Prague General Assembly in August 2022. The new definition adds the concept that “Open to the public, accessible and inclusive, museums foster diversity and sustainability.” In this contact, we would like to apply it to science and technology museums and conduct various discussions at this year annual conference.
The NAMOK opened on 5 July, 2020 as Korea’s first aviation-themed national museum and in particular, it is a representative museum in Korea that promotes various accessibility projects for the disadvantaged.
KEY THEMES FOR THE CONFERENCE AND SESSIONS
SESSION 1 For whom is accessibility improved and enhanced?
- Socially disadvantaged
- Educationally disadvantaged
- Digitally disadvantaged, etc
SESSION 2 How can we improve and enhancing accessibility in museums?
- The application of new technology in museums: collecting, exhibition, education, etc
- Changes in understanding and approaching visitors
SESSION 3 What role should museums play in strengthening accessibility?
- Community-based role, museum activism and leadership
- Museum partnerships and networks
- Environmental creation and conditions for international co-operation
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS GUIDELINES
Please be sure to read all the information below in preparing your submission for <50th CONFERENCE OF CIMUSE>, 23 27 October 2023
- Abstracts should be between 250 and 300 words.
- Submissions must be received by midnight (12:00AM, CET) 30 June 2023. Late entries will not be considered.
- All submissions will be vetted by the Review Committee.
- Submitters will be notified, via email, by the Review Committee regarding the acceptance or rejection of their abstract by 25 July 2023.
- No individual may present more than one paper.
- Co-authors and co-presenters must be defined when submitting your abstract.
- The official language of the conference is conducted in English and Korean. However, we prefer submissions to be in English.
All submissions should be sent to: secretary cimuset <email@example.com>
Proceedings of the conference will be published by CIMUSET and NAMOK, following the conference, in digital format. Further information is forthcoming.